Monday, October 29, 2012

The GODDESS of My Heart

I cannot express how much I love the Starcrossed trilogy. It was during the early months of 2011 when I first read about it and of course, I was intrigued with the premise and enthralled by the cover. So thus begun my journey of trying to find out as much as I could about the series. And then I met the lovely Josephine Angelini on Twitter and we hit it off. It was probably my penguin badassery that got us pretty close and now, I can say that Josephine Angelini is one of my closest author friends. It was an absolutely joy being a part of Team Starcrossed and it was great meeting new people through the books. And because of this, my heart almost broke when the cover of Goddess was released. It wasn't because I didn't like it, nope because I bloody love the cover, it most likely because I'll be saying good-bye to one of my most favorite books ever and seeing the cover just made it all the more final. To those who haven't seen the stunning cover, here it is:

Title: Goddess (Starcrossed #3)
Author: Josephine Angelini
Publisher: HarperTeen
Publication date: May 28th 2013
Pre-order the book: Amazon /Barnes and Noble

After accidentally unleashing the gods from their captivity on Olympus, Helen must find a way to re-imprison them without starting a devastating war. But the gods are angry, and their thirst for blood already has a body count.

To make matters worse, the Oracle reveals that a diabolical Tyrant is lurking among them, which drives a wedge between the once-solid group of friends. As the gods use the Scions against one another, Lucas’s life hangs in the balance. Still unsure whether she loves him or Orion, Helen is forced to make a terrifying decision, for war is coming to her shores.

In Josephine Angelini’s compelling conclusion to the masterfully woven Starcrossed trilogy, a goddess must rise above it all to change a destiny that’s been written in the stars. With worlds built just as fast as they crumble, love and war collide in an all-out battle that will leave no question unanswered and no heart untouched.
(Summary from Goodreads)

I know that I'm probably going to cry throughout the whole book or maybe even rock back-and-forth depressingly. I'm going to be so sad seeing this series end but I'm also going to be so excited to read any of Josephine Angelini's future works. I honestly cannot wait to read Goddess and I know that Josephine Angelini will end this series not with a flutter but with a gigantic and shocking BOOM. To those of you who have not read her books, I suggest you go and pick them up now because you are missing A LOT. Well, see you on the flipside, everyone!

Check out our interview with Josephine Angelini (HERE)!
Geraldine's review of Starcrossed (HERE).
My review of Starcrossed (HERE) and Dreamless (HERE).

If this doesn't show I'm devoted, I dunno what will. But why do I feel like something's missing...?

Ah. Much better. ;)

Always a fan.

2 comments:

  1. I adore the Starcrossed Trilogy, I am just like you, I cant wit to read the conclusion but I don't want it to end :/ I look forward to all of her future work though :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eeep, I LOVE the cover!!! <3
    Here's to a fantastic conclusion to the Starcrossed series! *raises glass*

    I cant believe you have the paperback AND the hardbound versions of both Starcrossed and Dreamless. O.o =)))))))

    -Tiffany

    ReplyDelete