Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday (37)

Waiting on Wednesday/s are hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine in which you choose a book or books that you're excited and waiting for.
This week's Waiting on Wednesday book is:

Title: Frozen (Heart of Dread #1)
Author: Melissa de la Cruz and Michael Johnston
Publisher: Putname Juvenile
Publication date: September 17th 2013
Pre-order the book: Amazon / Barnes and Noble


Set in 111 C.D., one hundred and eleven years after a Catastrophic Disaster has wiped out 99% of humanity and left the earth covered in ice, this new series introduces readers to a ragtag group of friends and the dawning of a new time. The world of reason, of mathematics and science, is ending, and a new civilization is being born from the ice: a world of magic and mayhem, sorcerers and spellcraft.
(Image and summary taken from Goodreads)

Why I'm excited for this book:

It was honestly the cover that drew me in, I love the dragon because it's the exact opposite of what "frozen" would mean since dragons usually connotate to heat and not the cold. And then I read the summary, it seriously looks really cool! Science with magic?! OMG. Can't wait to read this!

What's YOUR WoW pick this week? Leave us a comment with a link to your post and we'll check it out!

13 comments:

  1. Great choice! I'm not going to lie i didn't even realize the dragon at first.

    my w.o.w http://booknerdrambling.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Melissa! :) Haha The dragon thing is really cool though.

      Delete
  2. It does sound like a good read, ice and magic, hell yeah!!

    Here’s My WoW!
    Naomi @ Nomi’s Paranormal Palace

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOh this one does sound very intriguing!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm not so sure about this yet. Gonna wait for some reviews and ratings. Great pick, though. Thanks for sharing
    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm really excited about this one too! It sounds pretty good and I love the cover. :)
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent pick this week! This one has been on my radar for a while now, I'm hoping its as awesome as it sounds.

    My WoW

    New Follower! Diayll @ Mother/Gamer/Writer

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've never even heard of this one! I've been reading Melissa's adult series, The Witches of East End and have been really enjoying it, so I'm going to have to add this one to my TBR! Great pick, and thanks for bringing it to my attention!

    Courtney @ Fuzzy.Coffee.Books

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm excited for this one, too. That premise sounds amazing. Great pick!
    Natflix&Books' WoW

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes Yes Yes! I am dying to get my hands on this one. Crossing my fingers for an ARC.

    Jennifer
    YA Sisterhood
    My WOW

    ReplyDelete