Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Waiting on Wednesday (5)

Waiting on Wednesday/s are hosted by Jill from Breaking the Spine in which you choose a book or books that you're excited and waiting for.
This week's Waiting on Wednesday book is:


Title: Days of Blood and Starlight
Author: Laini Taylor
Publication date: November 6th 2012
Pre-order the book: Amazon / Barnes and Noble

In this stunning sequel to the highly acclaimed "Daughter of Smoke and Bone," Karou must come to terms with who and what she is, and how far she'll go to avenge her people. Filled with heartbreak and beauty, mysteries and secrets, new characters and old favorites, Days of Blood and Starlight brings the richness, color and intensity of the first book to a brand new canvas.

Daughter of Smoke and Bone was declared a "must read" by Entertainment Weekly, was named a Best Book of the Year by Amazon.com, and The New York Times called it "a breath-catching romantic fantasy."
(Summary from Goodreads)

Why I'm excited for this:
I'm positive that everyone here agrees with me when I say that this cover is absolutely gorgeous! I love the designs on her face and the title font is so cool! But let's get serious, Daughter of Smoke and Bone was literally one of the best books I've read, like, EVER. And with an ending like that, I'm pretty sure anyone would want to know what would happen next. November can't come fast enough, I need my Akiva fix ASAP!

Leave a comment with a link to your WoW and we'll check it out! :)

9 comments:

  1. Ohhh I am so with you on this, it was my pick last week but isn't it gorgeous! Plus, like you, DoSaB was like the best book I read last year! I can't wait for this!

    Here's what i'm waiting on

    and check out my awesome YA giveaway Here

    ReplyDelete
  2. The second book will be out soon and I haven't read the first one yet! I'm so getting behind. :(
    anyway, here's mine.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm probably the only person left in the world who hasn't read the first book yet. I'm planning on getting to it eventually, but I've heard mixed things so... Yeah.

    Books of Amber

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also quite excited for this book, the first one was amazing and this one should be even better. I'm a new follower. Please check out my WoW!

    Also we're doing a giveaway of Maggie Stiefvater's Raven Boys. Entries close on the 26th.

    Thanks

    Anna @ Wandering Librarians

    ReplyDelete
  5. I still have to read the first one, but it's on my to do list. Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMG! No! Don't do this to me! LOL
    I can't wait anymore! Daughter of Smoke and Bone was way too good! And the ending!! November is too far away! *pout*
    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I still haven't read Daughter of Smoke and Bone but I'm really looking forward to reading it and then I'll most likely read this one as well. I've heard great things about the series so I hope you enjoy this one when it comes out. Great pick!
    Come check out my WOW post.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have book 1 waiting to be read! Eek great pick!

    My WoW!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really need to get started in this series!

    http://thedailyprophecy.blogspot.nl/2012/08/waiting-on-wednesday-20-fairest-beauty.html

    ReplyDelete