Okay, I've already been tagged by two people now, Ella from The Filipina Booknote and Chyna from Lite-Rate-Ture (thanks, ladies!) so I guess it's time for me to do my post now. The rules: answer the questions honestly and then tag FIVE other bloggers.
|Let it begin!|
What are your top three book pet hates?
- Insta-love. No, just no. I don't think there will ever be a point in my while wherein I will appreciate insta-love. Romance should always be a slow burn and not a quick spark, in my opinion.
- Overused sex scenes. It's not a secret that I read New Adult and Adult books and I appreciate a hot sex scene like any other red-blooded female out there but oh my goodness, please. If you're going to write the same scene in different scenarios over and over again, it gets really boring. It tends to get repetitive and I end up skimming them. Please, give it a rest, those scenes are getting really tired from being overused.
- Bent spines. I absolutely hate bent spines. I tolerate dog-eared pages but whenever I see spines that have bent crease marks on them, I go ballistic (internally). Especially when I am reading a hardcover book and parts of the book separate from its spine? Grr.
Describe your perfect reading spot.
- Any place with sunlight with a chair that has a reclining back is okay for me. I like to take naps before/after reading, hehe.
Tell us three book confessions.
- Speed-reading. I have a habit of reading a book normally up to a certain point and then I just end up speed-reading the rest of the book. I feel like I get more from the story that way (I only read the dialogues, etc). But when I'm really enjoying the pace of the book and everything about it, I read it normally.
- Judging. I judge books by their covers, who doesn't?
- David Levithan. Sorry peeps, I don't like David Levithan. The only book of his that I enjoyed was Will Grayson, Will Grayson other than that, none. I think his writing is pretentious... #SorryImNotSorry
When was the last time you cried during a book?
- I am naturally a crier, meaning I cry in practically every book so it's going to be hard to remember... I think I last cried while reading Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell.
How many books are on your bedside table?
What is your favorite snack while you are reading?
- Nothing in particular. I actually don't eat much while reading because it's hard to flip the pages while holding food... but that might just be me.
Name three books that you would recommend to everyone.
- Mud Vein by Tarryn Fisher (Not something everyone will like but it's an amazing book, in my opinion. You can check out my review here.)
- Throne of Glass (Throne of Glass #1) by Sarah J. Maas (One of the very best fantasies I have ever read. Has a super badass heroine and crazy plot-twists, what's not to love? The books only get better as the series goes on. You also check out my review here.)
- White Hot Kiss (The Dark Elements #1) by Jennifer L. Armentrout (JLA's best series, in my opinion. Roth is one of my most favorite love interests ever and trust me, one you've met him, you can't not love him. You can also, also check out my review here.)
Show us a picture of your favorite bookshelf on your bookcase.
|BUH-BAM. And my mom likes to tell me that I'm excessive. Ha! Unfortunately, a some of them are incomplete because I lent the books to people/I haven't gotten around to buying the others yet.|
Write how much books mean to you in just three words.
- Essential to living.
What is your biggest reading secret?
- I don't have one! I'm an open book (no pun intended). Sorry to disappoint, haha.
Kai from Amaterasu Reads
Jesselle from The Lifelong Bookworm
Nicole and Michelle from The Twins Read
Lyra from Defiantly Deviant
Maricar from BLACKPLUME
Can't wait to see what you'll share with us! :) Thanks for checking my post out. Wheee! Do we have the same book pet peeves or even the same favorites or any others? Leave us a comment! :D