Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Review: Delirium by Lauren Oliver


(Click here for the synopsis)

Review:
Delirium is one of the most beautiful novels I've EVER read. It's so magnificently heart-wrenching that I just wanted to cry out with sadness and love. Lauren Oliver will take you to a world where love does not exist and the world is set by boundaries. Delirium is easily my most favorite novel. As I was reading it I could help but get goosebumps. Delirium will rock you to your very core and leave you breathless but as you try to stop for a breath you end up feeling breathless once again. Lena, at the start, wasn't exactly one of my most favorable characters. She was weak, scarred and afraid. But Hana, her best friend, was someone I grew fond of. She was the exact opposite of Lena. One of the things I did like about Lena is that she had a past, the kind of past that haunts you. And then there was Alex, am amazing guy who can't seem to stay away from Lena and vice versa. What I love about this story is that when you think the good part ends you end up being shocked that you are in fact wrong. That there's always a twist and turn no matter where you go. Delirium is an amazing novel filled with tragedies, fear and love. Delirium is in fact a swoon-worthy novel. I cried so much while I was reading this. Like waterfalls...

5 OUT OF 5 STARS (If I could give it more I would.)

Hugs and cookies,
Louisse

12 comments:

  1. Oh!? Is something VERY interesting going to happen at the end?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds good! It's such a shame I haven't read Before I Fall. Lauren seems like such a good author.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lauren is an amazing author! Before I Fall didn't really do it for me as much as Delirium did but it was good too. :)

      Delete
  3. I LOVED this book. The only thing that bothered me was the pacing, but although it was slow, it wasn't necessarily boring. Still, this story left me speechless and desperate for more. :-) I'm glad you loved it too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! It was pretty slow but definitely not dragging. :) I just love the way Lauren Oliver did everything.

      Delete
  4. This book sounds great!Gonna read this! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely should! All three books are out now so it's the perfect opportunity to get started on the series. :)

      Delete
  5. I should read this. Haha! I'm sooo late but I'm looking forward to read this :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow. Now I'm gonna have to read that! I wonder if you have a review for Matched? :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope that you enjoy it! :D Unfortunately, I have not reviewed Matched it's because I'm not a big fan... Sorry.

      Delete